When you decide to create a website (or have a website created for you), you would obviously want to make it the best you can. There are many simple things that you can do. Here is a list to get started.
Here are 10 ways to make your website better:
- Keep your audience in mind and create copy that personally speaks to them.
- Truly understand the purpose of your website – make sure that it relates back to your target customer.
- Update your site content and keep it fresh and current (blogging, etc.).
- Anticipate and answer your visitor’s questions.
- Make sure the navigation is simple and clear – this is one of the most important elements.
- Include a call-to-action on each page – what do you want them to do?
- Limit the number of topics per page (ideally just one topic) – too many will confuse your visitors.
- Include your contact information – make it easy to find!
- Title each page to be search engine (and bookmark) friendly.
- Don’t include too many colors, fonts, or font sizes that distract your visitor.
Here’s a couple bonus items that can help improve your website:
- Create a clear and compelling sales message (Noble Sales Purpose).
- Check your site to ensure all forms and links are working properly.
- Carefully check your content for spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Return all visitor inquiries promptly because you never know who they may recommend you to even if they don’t buy from you themselves.
- Don’t add a “visitor count” to your site.
- Don’t include graphics that fail to add importance to your site.