At Podcast Guy Media, LLC, we strive to provide high quality podcast production for our clients. To achieve this, we have to add team members from time to time. Below, you’ll see the positions we’re currently looking for. If you are absolutely passionate about the podcasting industry and are interested in the positions below, simply fill out the application to be considered.
Client Happiness Manager
Job description (overall summary of the position):
The Client Happiness Manager for Podcast Guy Media, LLC (PGM), will be responsible for making sure that the company values of high quality and timely delivery are met. On a general level, the Client Happiness Manager will handle the communication and file transferring between clients and PGM team members.
Because of the nature of this work, there are no set working hours. However, the Client Happiness Manager must make sure that the work gets assigned when it comes in, perform quality control measures when work is completed, and then delivered to the client by the expected deadline (48-72 hours in most cases).
The Client Happiness Manager will also be responsible for assisting the CEO with the creation of necessary SOPs and training materials for the team members. This involves paying attention to concerns and issues that arise from both clients and team members as well as mistakes that are made and caught during the quality control process.
Key Results Areas (specific areas to measure that you’re doing great):
- Make sure that all inbound work is delegated as soon as possible (specific expectations will be discussed)
- Ensure that no sub-par work gets back to the client. This entails a good ear (for audio) and a good eye (for show notes and graphics) during the quality control process.
- Make sure that all issues, questions, and praises from clients get communicated back to the team (especially the CEO).
Responsibilities (summary of regular duties):
- Make sure all work is done correctly and on time
- Receive notification from client of work to be done (Gmail)
- Transfer files and information from client (Google Drive/Dropbox)
- Create and assign tasks for work in Asana
- After work is completed, perform a quality check:
- Listen to each podcast episode critically to make sure nothing was missed
- Read/proof show notes for accuracy and make sure links are correct
- Ensure graphics are correct and to spec
- If there is something not correct, notify the appropriate team member for quick corrections
- Deliver finished work to client in the agreed upon matter (link to Google Drive, upload to media host/website, etc.)
- Make sure that SOPs and training materials are created (in cooperation with the CEO)
- Other duties may be incorporated over time (training and compensation will be made accordingly). Examples may be:
- Social media management
- Industry research
- Minor website updates
- Assisting with the actual work (editing, writing, graphics, etc.) as needed
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone that loves podcasts and the podcasting industry. You want to do your part in improving the podcasting industry by helping podcasters provide high quality content.
- Someone that thrives on organization. Everything has a place and everything must be in its place.
- Someone that gives attention to details. You have to make sure that everything gets checked off the list.
- Someone that loves technology. You really enjoy learning new programs and apps to make things better or easier.
- Someone that is already familiar with the apps we use, like Asana, Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, Adobe Audition, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Someone that makes mistakes, but learns from them. You’re not perfect, and you’ll admit it; but you try even harder to avoid that mistake again.
- Proficiency in English is important since a critical part of this position requires detailed attention to the content.
What we value at Podcast Guy Media, LLC:
- Integrity – be honest. Always. If you make a mistake, own up to it.
- Quality workmanship – we want to deliver high quality for our clients, and constantly strive to raise the bar.
- Prompt delivery – publishing on schedule is important for podcasters, so we want to make sure that our clients can do just that.
- Working in your strengths – not just what you’re good at. You will love what you do and deliver better work when you work in your strengths.
- Education – we have an attitude of always trying to learn more to expand our knowledge and sharpen our skills.
- This is a project-based position (at least for now). You will get paid for each podcast episode that you handle, each of which should take 1 hour or less (from start to finish).
- Starting pay is $10 for podcast episode; $15 if show notes are included.
- Expect 8-12 episodes per week starting out (and increasing as the business grows).
If you are chosen to fill this role, it will start as a probationary position. We will establish checkpoints to ensure that you are on track for hitting the goals and accomplishing the Key Results Areas. For example:
- Day 1-7: Daily checkups to make sure that you understand the process.
- Day 8-30: Weekly meetings to track progress and answer questions.
- Day 31-60: Bi-weekly meetings to track progress and find areas to improve.
- Day 61-90: Monthly meetings to discuss the operational health of the business.
- Day 91+: Continue monthly meetings and find ways to make continual improvement.