604: Your Local Podcast Isn’t About You
Barrett Soop, together with his wife Leandra Soop, runs Be Seen Company which is a video and podcast production company. Hoping to improve his marketing skills, he ventured into podcasting. Now, Barrett is able to give people the opportunity to share their own stories through his podcast, Made In Monrovia. Aside from podcasting, Barrett also spends his time creating content for social media platforms and websites.
In this episode, Barrett shares great tips and insights for anyone who wants to start a local podcast. One of which is “In a local podcast, you need to have a view that really isn’t about you, it’s about your community as a whole and bringing it together.” Tune in for more!
- Branching Out: Barrett’s Journey to Podcasting
- Business Evolution: From Using Simple Tech to Upgrading and Producing Podcasts
- If You Could Go Back In Time, What Would You Do Differently?
- Advice for Starting A Local Podcast
- Equipment for Starters: Go Big or Start Small?
- Biggest Struggle with Local Podcasting?
- How to Grow A Local Podcast
- Advertisements and Sponsorship on Local Podcasting
- Raw Conversations vs. Using A Script
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Learn more about Barrett Soop here.
- Connect with Barrett:
- Recommended Equipment and Software:
- Made in Monrovia – A podcast on the people and stories of Monrovia, California
- Do you want to take your podcast to the next level, but just don’t have the time to make it happen?
- Is your time stretched to the max, struggling to get your podcast episode out?
- Do you need help just getting started?
Podcast Guy Media can offer the solution to both recover your time and improve your podcast.
504: Building Strategic Partnerships with Johny Florida
Today we will be talking with Johny Florida, host of the Wrestling’s National Committee podcast....
503: Sound Immersive Podcasting with Eric Trules
We will be talking with Eric Trules and his podcast is e-Travels with E. Trules, and it’s unique...
502: Live Events and Podcasting with Meghan Enriquez
We will be talking with Meghan Enriquez today from True Conversations. We’re going to hear how she...
501: Netflix Style Podcasting with Matt Medeiros
Matt’s podcasting journey Matt first began podcasting about 4 or 5 years ago. It began a few years...
4.20: Daniel J. Lewis on Narrative Podcasting
Today’s guest is Daniel Lewis. The story is more important than the format As a consumer the...
4.18: Doc Kennedy on Narrative Podcasting
Today’s guest is Doc Kennedy from the Filmaker’s Focus podcast. He is one of the guests who...
4.17: Corey Coates on Narrative Podcasting
The guest today is Corey Coates from The Podcast Producers. Choosing the right medium for your...
4.16: Jessica Rhodes on Narrative Podcasting
Today’s guest is Jessica Rhodes from The Podcast Producers. Reasons to do narrative style Jessica...
4.15: Geoff Woods on Narrative Podcasting
Today’s guest is Geoff Woods from the podcast The Mentee. There is a change of direction in the...
4.14: Bryan Orr on Narrative Podcasting
Today’s guest is Bryan Orr from Podcast Movement: Sessions. Bryan's podcasting story: Bryan got...
4.13: Elsie Escobar on Narrative Podcasting
Today’s guest is Elsie Escobar. Elsie runs a yoga podcast and has extensive experience in the...
4.12: Erik K. Johnson on Narrative Podcasting
Today’s episode features Eric Johnson from Podcast Talent Coach.com. He has a lot of radio...
4.11: Dave Jackson on Narrative Podcasting
Today’s episode features Dave Jackson sharing his expertise about creating narrative style podcast...
4.10: Resources for Narrative Podcasting
Welcome to the Creative Studio podcast, where we conduct experiments with podcasting! Throughout...
4.9: Picking Up the Pieces from the Cutting Room Floor
Welcome to the Creative Studio! This is the podcast where we talk about and explore ways to...